Sunday 19 June 2011

I need to Edit!


A current project, AdventureLand, is currently included in a group show at Portland House in Malvern (62 Church Street). The show is called 'One Thing Leads to Another and is curated by Charlie Hurcombe. It has been so good to be involved in the show and the act of installing work has helped me to think about and prioritise my work. I consistently seem to spread myself too far and thus can lose the impetus of the work. I felt as though I had edited enough but some of the work is not resolved enough. I have to think about the finishing details.
It is useful for this project to reflect upon these issues. Every project helps to refine the next one.
It has been a frustrating period recently as my teaching jobs have taken precedent due to the heavy period of assessment. Time has been given over to this and taken from my own practice. It will be relinquished next week and I will get time back. I'll be able to pick up the threads again.
I have suffered from a crisis of confidence and there are times when it is so hard to maintain an arts practice alongside other employment and domestic stuff. It has all hit hard recently but I am so thrilled to be involved in One Thing Leads to Another and to be collaborating with Rick on this project. Breathe......

No comments:

Post a Comment