Friday 24 June 2011

Coffee and Ponderings



Rick and I met up to discuss the Estuary Dialogue project. It has been a while since we talked about it because we have both been busy with other projects and work. It is frustrating sometimes but that is how you have to juggle things.
We talked quite a lot about the expectations that we may have of the project. I have been thinking of working with objects such as books, particularly the texts of Conrad and Dickens. Rick was saying that he is developing ideas around the periphery of the subject and wants to give that time to develop. Our expectations are that we want to make something satisfying, something which connects us to the place. We have no funding which means that we are not bound to those expectations. I think that I am willing to work towards an exhibition if that was right or to make work that is tangible. However, I am very open to the idea that the end result could be a sound recording for example or a book. We might share one collaborative piece but then add other individual pieces to it.
I think our collaboration is about a dialogue, where we generate discussions around a common theme. At some point it will probably tie up into the work.
These are my own views and Rick will have his own perspective on the project too.
The project essentially feels right; my heart is in tune with this work. I am returning to a place I find fascinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment